Military electronics and DOD demand high-reliability PCB assembly. All products must conform to the highest standards of quality and reliability.
All military and aerospace devices must function without errors over their lifetime. Often, they must work under severe conditions of environment that include extreme temperatures and moisture. Therefore, the PCB assembly must have zero defects.
Assemblies or PCBAs for military & aerospace must also not be susceptible to Electromagnetic Pulses (EMP) and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI).
Military and Aerospace PCB Assembly
Although normal design considerations apply to PCB assemblies for military and aerospace, they also need additional attention such as:
- Providing greater clearance around components producing heat to protect the board and all other components.
- Using heat sink with thermal compound wherever necessary to dissipate heat.
- Using pre-tinned stranded/braided wires for improving solderability.
- Soldering all press-fit components for decreasing their susceptibility to vibration.
- Periodic checking of thermal profiles of soldering processes to avoid component damage during assembly.
- Protecting PCB assemblies with conformal coatings of acrylic-based sprays of high-quality.
- Ensuring quality by inspecting all completed PCB assemblies.
PCB Trace Technologies Inc is committed to quality. We manufacture all our products at San Jose, California for military and aerospace PCB assemblies, placing dependability and quality above all. Our engineers can help you with your design, board fabrication, and PCB assembly of any type of assemblies for military and aerospace.
For additional information of assemblies for military and aerospace requirements, call us on 1 408-580-0722 or contact us at [email protected].